Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 30, 2006

THROWBACK THURSDAYS 14


I've decided to post a few sketches this week from my sketchbook. I'm currently working on a painting inspired by the characters from Disney's Song of the South movie. These are some of my wacky sketch studies I did while watching the movie. I don't care too much for the live action scenes in the movie, but the animated stories within are in my opinion some of the best display of Disney animation EVER. I know it's a bold statement but you'd have to know a thing or two about the animation process and techniques in order to appreciate this masterfull piece of animation. Especially for the time period for which it was released in 1973. The voices for the characters were AMAZING! Lipsyncing the fast talking fox had to be a nightmare in itself. I may post some photos later on my painting development. In the meantime, here are some screen captures from the Song of the South movie posted over at songofthesouth.net Swing by to learn more about the movie.








Also here are some really cool Giant golden books of Disney's Song of the South stories. Covers done by Mary Blair.






Here is a VERY cool new DVD from Universal of The Adventures of Brer Rabbit all new animation done very well. I bought it ASAP and was very pleased. Click on the link for the movie's website and DVD trailer.
There is a really cool review and back history of the story and movie release here..EURweb





GET YOUR COPY HERE

10 comments:

Carlos V. said...

Always great to see you working in your sketchbook SACKS!!

Askinstoo said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
get a new game system, Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I sold mine and got some extra cash!

game system

Easily Amewsed said...

Wow, I remember the second Uncle Remus' tale book as a child. Wish I still had it now.

lafe said...

that was my favorite movie as a kid... and so was the song Zip a dee doo da

SteveLambe said...

Those are some Sah-weet drawings at the top. Nice and flowy. I dig it!!

klahd said...

You're right. The animated sequences in "Song of the South" are the only reason to watch the movie. It's nice to see someone resurrecting those characters from the un-PC vault.

As always, great sketches...

Askinstoo said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Askinstoo said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Mac said...

Can you say "Splash Mountain" ?

Never saw the movie, rode the ride, so I know the work, and it's great....great job.

小貓咪 said...

伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區