Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

SWEET BOOK FINDS

I came across this cool Pixar golden book last night and had to pick it up. I am on this Golden book kick right now. As long as it's Toon related, I'm with it. Anyway, I already had the Chicken little book with slick graphic illustrations by Lori Tyminski. Now I've got this super cool Incredibles book featuring the sketchy expressive artwork by Tony Fucile. It's a short story of the short from the incredibles DVD called "Jack-Jack attack". Both books are great buys and go good with my collection. Worth checking out.

On another note, I posted some new links to the RIGHT. VinylPulse/ where I get my designer toy fix, DRAWN/ where I get my new artist fix, Cartoon Brew/ Where I find the latest cartoon news, ASIFA Blog/ great vintage art and industry news, Mukpuddy Blog/ Cool ass team of Flash animators from New Zealand, Lacera/ an up and coming illustrator with a cool graphic take on monkees and movies. Below is a sketch of yours truly done by Lacera in a grueling meeting we had yesterday at work. (Notice the look on my face as I duudle out pooping Carebears)

10 comments:

John Rozum said...

You need to get your hands on the Powerpuff Girls book with the Mary Blair inspired artwork. I can't give you the exact title, or artist right now, as it's in my daughter's room, and she's sleeping. I'll try to remember to dig it up in the a.m. and get back to you on it.

Jorge@jlacera.com said...

Hey thanks for the plug Sax! I really want to check out those golden books Tony Fucile is awesome.

SACKS said...

I must have it! Let me know the name when you get it. Was it a golden book?

Carlos V. said...

That sketch is hilarious. I should post some of the sketches I did of you guys over the summer.

Unknown said...

yo that's hilarious, it's so sax. i actually have a copy of the chicken little book, but i'm going to have to check out that incredibles book

Mukpuddy said...

Hey Saxton. Cheers for the mention and the link dude!! Those Golden Books are awesome lookin! Gonna have to search for them, although down here in NZ, that may prove a little tough. Keep up the wicked work man!!

John Rozum said...

I found it. It's called THE POWERPUFF GIRLS : "Big Terrible Trouble" and it's written and painted by Craig McCracken, which I did not remember. It's a beautiful looking book, and Amazon still carries it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307995003/qid=1139501307/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/102-3500529-0780146?n=283155

SACKS said...

Thanks Rozum. I just purchased it. I really like your cutout HB characters.

John Rozum said...

Thank you, sir. I'm having a blast doing them as well. I'm now about a week ahead. Which is good, because real, paying, deadlines call upon me.

I look forward to seeing which character you give your special touch to tomorrow.

Feel free to come visit any time.

jasonbob said...

curry shoes
bape
canada goose outlet
yeezy
yeezy 700
kyrie 5 spongebob
jordan 6
nike shox
moncler
yeezy boost 350
off white