Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 05, 2006

GATOR sketch

This is a sketch of one of the villains in a project created by the MADDtwins and I. He's an Atlanta kingpin named GATOR and he has an 8 foot pet alligator that he keeps in the back of his Chevy suburban. This is the flipside to the usual cartoony style that I regularly post here on the blog. I'm a little rusty with my more graphic style and hope to exercise it more for my mature projects. This is the initial idea that I roughed out first.


Once I got my concept down, I had a hard time figuring out his face. I looked at some old John Romita Jr. Kingpin art from the Daredevil books for insperation. He's one of my favorite comics artists. I tried a couple of variations and decided that they were a little cartoony.

Here's the final sketch. Maybe one of the twins will throw a little color on her. If so, I'll post the final result.

Here's a sneak peek of the two main characters. We collaborated on this poster some time ago. I thought I'd share it with you all as well.

6 comments:

Carlos V. said...

Man this thing is amazing! I love to see the more sketchy style, especially from you. The project sounds cool as well. You should do more post like this one...

michael foster said...

great style. I love the head shots.

Mukpuddy said...

Great stuff dude, I need to get into doing more stuff like this myself!!

-Alex

spacesick said...

Oh, that's too cool, man. And it sounds like a killer story.

Should we expect any more Throwback Thursdays, or are ya putting that on hold for awhile? Either way, thanks for sharing all the sketches for this.

Anonymous said...

Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.

jasonbob said...

lebron 16 shoes
nike off white
curry 7 shoes
cheap jordans
yeezy
canada goose jacket
stone island clothing
supreme clothing
off-white
stone island